Position: Warehouse Manager (Suffolk)
Employment Type: Full-Time
Caspari, Inc. located in Suffolk, VA is seeking an experienced Warehouse Manager to help distribute a wide array of quality product to large and small retailers throughout the country. Caspari is known for creating beautifully designed table top products, home décor, gift packaging and greeting cards collections.
The Warehouse Manager is responsible for the planning and successful execution of all warehouse activities including: receiving, stock put away & retrieval, order picking, packing, shipping and other associated activities such as assembly, stock transfers, inventory reconciliation, and others.
This position requires a proven ability to learn various warehouse and inventory systems and the flexibility to adapt to changing technical and customer requirements. The Warehouse Manager proactively plans for and organizes work, ensures appropriate staffing, directly manages and coaches employees, sets and maintains performance and accuracy standards, and ensures compliance with all company policies and procedures as well as safety guidelines.
Good team-building and communication skills are essential. A college degree and at least 3 years of related experience is required. Bachelor’s degree is preferred. You will work directly with employees throughout the warehouse and communicate daily with others throughout the company. Your job will include:
- Completing warehouse operational requirements by overseeing the scheduling and assigning of work, following up on results and making adjustments as needed.
- Controlling inventory levels, conducting physical counts, immediately following up on suspected variances, and reconciling inventory systems as appropriate.
- Helping to maintain the physical condition of the warehouse, inspecting and repairing equipment, planning and implementing new product placement.
- Ensuring proper staffing by developing a strong partnership with several temporary staffing agencies and by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Moving product throughout the warehouse by cart, pallet jack and forklifts (when certified). Forklift experience is preferred.
- Hands-on leadership role with the opportunity to lead by example.
Position: Designer (Charlottesville)
employment type: full-timeCaspari, Inc. located in Charlottesville, VA., is seeking a full time Designer to join our team. Caspari is a publishing company with a focus on creating beautiful product using licensed museum and artist designs for our table top, home décor, gift packaging and greeting card collections. As a member of the Caspari design team, you will work directly with Product Development, Sales & Marketing and eCommerce teams to conceptualize and develop 3 seasonal collections a year.
The primary focus of this position is designing and developing our Personalization and Stationery product lines. You will work closely with our in-house bindery and pre-press teams to design collections of stationery and napkins focused on weddings and other special events. You will work with our archive of original artwork from Caspari’s roster of artists and museums and are encouraged to create designs of your own, either digital or hand painted/drawn. We are searching for a highly creative individual who loves stationery, monograms and typography.
The ideal candidate will have an excellent color sense, experience with surface design and creating repeats and engineered prints, and a great love of high design and interest in current and historical textile, fashion and interior design. You must be willing and able to receive feedback in frequent design meetings and understand the importance of editing and working through all the possibilities of a design without emotional attachment. You should bring new and innovative ideas to the table, but respect and embrace the history of the company and the identity we have built as a brand with a very loyal, long-time customer base.
In addition to designing products, you will create look books for the Personalization category, handle sampling for photoshoots and tradeshows, and work closely with the eCommerce team to create your products in the back end of our Shopify-based eCommerce retail website. You may also be asked to contribute designs to the main wholesale line of Greeting cards and stationery and even packaging, displays and in-store signage. There is a great deal of potential for growth in this role and much to learn about various printing techniques.
In addition to creating layouts for Caspari products, you will be required to follow through the product lifecycle from conception to finished product, communicating regularly with internal teams and outside vendors, both domestic and overseas. You will need to give clear, detailed direction to manufacturers and printers and report back to management on development status.
As a small company and tight-knit team, we all pitch in and perform any tasks that are required. We are looking for candidates who value a highly collaborative environment and are eager to learn from and share with their coworkers.
- Excellent Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign skills.
- Great sense of color and strong knowledge of typography demonstrated in portfolio
- Be creative, innovative, and work well within a team environment. Able to think outside the box and introduce new ideas into the Caspari lexicon.
- Receptive to constructive criticism in design meetings, able to internalize and react appropriately. Able to offer feedback to other design team members in a positive and constructive manner.
- Be able to multitask, be flexible and meet tight deadlines.
- Must be organized, detail oriented and fast learner.
- A degree in graphic arts, textile design or illustration and at least 2 years of work experience is preferred.
- Familiarity with Outlook, Excel, Google Drive, Zoom.
- Prepress experience is helpful.
- Position in Charlottesville, VA.
Position: Retail Associate (Charlottesville)
Employment Type: Part-Time
Caspari is seeking a retail associate to become a part of our team! Our Charlottesville shop on the downtown mall is a curated collection of interesting items that we have found on our travels to illustrate the taste and style of Caspari products. An interest and knowledge in art and design is welcome, but not necessary for the position. Please apply by email and include either a resume or all prior experience and applicable skills.
- Welcome and identify customer needs.
- Explain products and services to customers.
- Monitor and maintain inventory on the retail floor.
- Conduct retail transactions.
- Previous experience in sales, customer service or other related fields.
- Must be able to work weekends.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to build rapport with customers.