Position: Designer (Charlottesville)
employment type: full-time
Caspari, Inc. located in Charlottesville, VA., is seeking a full time Designer to join our team. Caspari is a publishing company with a focus on creating beautiful products using licensed museum and artist designs for our table top, home décor, gift packaging and greeting card collections. We are a small, privately owned company with a global reputation. As a member of the Caspari Design team, you will work directly with Product Development, Sales & Marketing and eCommerce teams to conceptualize and develop 3 seasonal collections a year.
The primary focus of this position is creating layouts for all product lines using original artwork from our roster of artists and museums. You will create layouts that fit classic Caspari style but also bring innovative, fresh ideas to attract a new generation of consumers.
The ideal candidate will have an excellent color sense. Knowledge of surface design and repeats a plus. You should have a strong interest in typography and a great love of current and historical textile, fashion and interior design.
Your job will include regular communication with printers and vendors in order to follow through on the product lifecycle. You will need to give clear, detailed direction to manufacturers and printers and report back to management on development status. There may also be instances of designing marketing collateral, such as product packaging, displays, and in-store signage.
As a small company and tight-knit team, we all pitch in and perform any tasks that are required. We are looking for candidates who value a highly collaborative environment and are eager to learn from and share with their coworkers.
- Excellent Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign skills.
- Great sense of color and strong knowledge of typography demonstrated in portfolio
- Knowledge of surface design and repeats is a plus.
- Be creative, innovative, and work well within a team environment. Able to think outside the box and introduce new ideas into the Caspari lexicon.
- Receptive to constructive criticism in design meetings. Able to offer feedback to other design team members in a positive and constructive manner.
- Be able to multitask, be flexible and meet tight deadlines.
- Must be organized, detail oriented and fast learner.
- A degree in graphic arts, textile design or illustration and at least 2 years of work experience is preferred.
- Familiarity with Outlook, Excel, Google Drive, Zoom.
- Prepress experience is helpful.
- Position in Charlottesville, VA.
Position: Retail Associate (Charlottesville)
employment type: part-time
Caspari is seeking a retail associate to become a part of our team! Our Charlottesville shop on the downtown mall is a curated collection of interesting items that we have found on our travels to illustrate the taste and style of Caspari products. An interest and knowledge in art and design is welcome, but not necessary for the position. Please apply by email and include either a resume or all prior experience and applicable skills.
- Welcome and identify customer needs.
- Explain products and services to customers.
- Monitor and maintain inventory on the retail floor.
- Conduct retail transactions.
- Previous experience in sales, customer service or other related fields.
- Must be able to work weekends.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to build rapport with customers.